Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The early favorite to win Money in the Bank this year looks to be Kevin Owens but of all unpredictable matches, this one is the most unpredictable.
- There has been no contact between Ryback and WWE, according to the Observer, and while he may still be released, the expectation is they'll simply let his contract run out and he'll go work somewhere else.
- According to the Observer, WWE is still considering bringing Ric Flair back to TV in some sort of program.
- The decision to go through with the brand split was finalized in the last two weeks following talks between WWE and all its television partners, according to the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
- Sheamus vs. Apollo Crews and Rusev vs. Titus O'Neil look like future feuds going forward.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.