Yesterday's news that WWE will be returning to a concept they did away with back in 2011 - then called a "brand extension" - when they hold a draft to determine which members of their roster will be seen on Monday Night Raw and which will be exclusive to SmackDown (which begins airing live on USA Network July 19) has fired up the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Vince McMahon and company haven't provided a ton of details, which only adds to the speculation about what might happen in the promised draft to determine the two distinct rosters.
Here's a few of the juicier ones we've pulled together to share with you (many from Wrestling Observer Newsletter & Radio - subscription required but recommended)... you've may have heard a few of these, but even so, this at least gives you a place to discuss them with the best rasslin community on the web.
Feel free to share anything you've heard or read in the comments (usual rumor caveats* apply), and let's have fun.
- The WWE draft could take place on July 11 in Detroit, per Bryan Alvarez.
- According to Dave Meltzer, right now it looks like WWE will have two world champions -one for Raw and one for SmackDown, although "that could change."
- It's expected that Roman Reigns will head up one show while John Cena will be the focus of the other.
- None of the wrestlers are in the know regarding where they might end up or how all of this is going to play out and they will likely be kept in the dark until the draft.
- There are a ton of rumors on what belts will go where, but the consensus so far seems to be two world titles, US on one show, and Intercontinental on the other. There's also been word that the women's title could be on both shows. It's undecided on whether or not the tag champs will float between brands like the women's titleholder, or if they'll bring back a second set of tag belts.
* Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.