Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The tag line JBL uses about Roman Reigns now, "If you love him or hate him, you're very passionate about him!" was written by Vince McMahon and is the official company position on their champ, per Wrestling Observer.
- Enzo Amore was in Newark for Extreme Rules and is set to travel with the main roster this week, according to PWInsider. It's not confirmed that he's cleared to wrestle, but WWE feeling he's healthy enough to travel is a positive step, and he may be used in a non-contact role.
- Another name said to be back on the road and close to being cleared for a return is Naomi, who's been out with a torn tendon.
- New Japan ace Hiroshi Tanahashi is expected to take the better part of the next month off to deal with nagging injuries. He's been pulled from the rest of the Best of Super Juniors shows after a kayfabe attack by Bullet Club, but should be back to face the faction's leader, Kenny Omega, at Dominion on June 19.
- WWE is expecting the Monday, July 4 episode of Raw to be the crash-and-burn in the ratings, perhaps even as the lowest rated of all-time. The Observer says it may be booked as "throw-away" as a result.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.