Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The decision to send Ryback home was reportedly made before Payback. There's been no communication between WWE and the Big Guy since he was sent home, and the company is expected to let his contract expire without reaching out or releasing him.
- Lillian Garcia was rumored to be on the cut list last Friday, but word is she's just been off television dealing with a family matter. She Tweeted she'll be back for Raw next week.
- New Japan is behind the additions to Bullet Club, as they pushed for more members. It's part of a push to emphasis that the Bullet Club still exists, and WWE's "The Club" is a different entity.
- As far as specific performers were selected, The Young Bucks lobbied for Adam Cole, and it was NJPW head booker Gedo who wanted Adam Page. Both are expected to work in Japan regularly starting this Summer.
- WWE is still interested in hiring Melissa Santos from Lucha Underground. One use for her, according to the Observer, would be to have her replace Ricardo Rodriguez as Alberto Del Rio's new personal ring announcer.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.