Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Most of the finishes from WrestleMania 32 were only finalized just before the pre-show started yesterday - so much so that production didn't rehearse post-match segments on Sunday morning because they didn't know for whom to cue music, etc.
- In particular, the decision to go with Charlotte as Women's champ was made at the last minute (along with deciding to debut the belt at Mania instead of on Raw) and while Zack Ryder was discussed last week, the final call to have Kevin Owens drop the Intercontinental belt came shortly before doors opened at AT&T Stadium.
- Dean Ambrose reportedly lobbied hard for more brutal spots - both performed by and on him - and was shut down.
- Shane McMahon's bruises on Raw were make-up, as he was spotted at post-Mania parties with no marks on his face or neck.
- Lots of buzz about Ricochet telling promotions he's not taking bookings this Summer leading to Global Cruiserweight Series speculation. There are conflicting reports about the out clause on his Lucha Underground (where he works as Prince Puma) contract, as well though, which could possibly keep him from signing with WWE until 2017 when LU season three airs.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.