Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- It looks likely Vince McMahon will choose both Shane McMahon and Stephanie to run WWE and we'll get some sort of in-house competition as the progression of the storyline they're doing, possibly one running Raw and one running SmackDown.
- Finn Balor losing the title to Samoa Joe at the NXT house show was apparently just WWE moving back the original plan of having Joe win at Takeover: Dallas, according to the Observer.
- For that matter, it is still expected that Balor is getting called up to the main roster but it's unclear exactly when, so expect that to continue to be the subject of many stories until it happens.
- It's expected that Prince Puma will stay with Lucha Underground and his character will be involved in all storylines the company is taping for season three and beyond.
- Apparently Angelico was injured at a recent Lucha Underground taping and it's an elbow issue, though there's no word on how much time he may be forced to miss.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.