Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- With seven matches for the main card, a pre-show match and the Vince McMahon decision segment, it's expected the Payback card is complete. Expect something for New Day to do, possibly a promo which leads to a quick match, but that's it.
- The Temple, the flick announced for Seth Rollins a little while back, is the first of several WWE Films will be making with Wesley Snipes production company. The total number of movies in their recently signed deal is unknown, but they're expected to start production on the second later this year.
- WWE yesterday announced the hiring of a former Skullcandy exec to the new role of VP & GM for Greater China. Though some have speculated what this means for Shane McMahon on the business side (he ran a Video On Demand company in the market), it reportedly doesn't impact his standing with the company - which is reportedly week-to-week - at all
- Both Angelico and Jeff Cobb Tweeted about the injuries they sustained at this past weekend's Lucha Underground tapings. Angelico didn't specify type of injury or timeframe, but Cobb said he was stitched up and shouldn't miss much time.
- Apparently Lillian Garcia introducing Colin Cassady by his full character name lead to a shouting match between the ring announcer and WWE officials at a European show last week. The company only wants him going by "Big Cass" now.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.