Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to PWInsider, the suspended Titus O'Neil will be back on the road with WWE next week when they return from Europe, but there's no word on if he'll be on television any time soon.
- Wrestling Observer says there are issues backstage related to the dismissal of MVP from his Lucha Underground contract, where unnamed employees think it was petty to fire him for podcasting interviews with performers which gave out character details before they were revealed on television.
- Also from the Observer, the sale of/new investment into TNA is down to two parties. The internal favorites have two people already attached to the company in their group. Dixie Carter is still trying to work a deal that would see her remain the majority owner.
- WWE has relaxed their business casual dress code for wrestlers - provided they wear TapOut brand fitness gear instead. The apparel partnership is a major priority for the company this year.
- This one isn't sourced at all, but there are a couple places running the rumor that The Rock's management team nixed a proposed role as guest referee of WrestleMania 32's main event to keep him away from Roman Reigns' boos.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.