Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to the Observer, WWE's original announcement for why Shane McMahon was running Raw again this week stated he was brought back due to great ratings for last Monday's show. When those ratings weren't actually great, they switched the reason to positive social media response.
- After tryouts last year and numerous reports she'd been signed, it looks like Scottish wrestler Nikki Storm is finally headed to NXT soon after finishing up her independent bookings by dropping a loser leaves ICW match last weekend.
- Storm will be joined by fellow indy worker Ruby Mobs and "fitness athletes" CJ Dunning and Bianca Blair, per Squared Circle Sirens.
- Despite hinting on Twitter that his feud with Miz over the Intercontinental title may continue, it looks like Zack Ryder is headed back to his pre-WrestleMania role in NXT's Hype Bros tag team with Mojo Rawley.
- In the latest sign of POP TV's disappointment with their TNA deal, the "encore presentation" of Impact is moving from after the initial Tuesday night broadcast to Saturday mornings.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.