Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- With no word and less than a week to the show, it's believed Rock's role at WrestleMania will be like his last Raw appearance - backstage skits interacting with various talents and an in-ring promo, but no role in major angles.
- TNA's search for investors has found someone very interested in buying in - but only if they can purchase a majority stake, something Dixie Carter is not willing to do.
- Per Wrestling Observer, however, she may not have a choice, as TNA has major cash flow issues and things like late payments to wrestlers and production staff are only going to get worse without new investment capital.
- Velvet Sky's contract with Impact Wrestling is up within the month, and PWInsider expects she'll follow Angelina Love, Eric Young and Bobby Roode out the door.
- Speaking of Young & Roode, it's believed they've had contact with WWE through an intermediary, but no offers or concrete plans to bring them to NXT or the main roster have been discussed.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.