Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Hulk Hogan is planning for a return to WWE, a move he thinks is a real possibility now that the Gawker suit is moving toward closure. No word from Vince McMahon, but many industry insiders feel it's a matter of when, not if, he's brought back.
- The Observer reports WWE has been telling international PPV providers to expect a 5 to 20 minute overrun for WrestleMania on top of the four hours already allotted.
- According to PWInsider, Dixie Carter was not present at Saturday's Impact Wrestling tapings, so any goodbyes to Bobby Roode and Eric Young were handled by others in TNA management.
- Zack Ryder was a last minute replacement for the injured Neville in the Intercontinental ladder match for Mania, per Dave Meltzer. The other six men were apparently part of the original plan.
- Indy fave Speedball Mike Bailey reportedly had some issues with his Visa status and the Canadian may not be allowed back into the United States for five years.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.