Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The Observer notes the messed up spot in the Chris Jericho vs. AJ Styles match on SmackDown, where a foot was under the ropes and the referee didn't count the pin because of it, which was a shoot in that it wasn't planned, was used as inspiration for the false finish in the Triple H vs. Dean Ambrose title match at Roadblock.
- Speaking of Ambrose, it's expected that he will be somewhere near the title picture post-WrestleMania.
- While Bray Wyatt is injured now, Dave Meltzer notes he's still in the plans to be a top heel for WWE later this year, with plans for matches against Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns.
- WWE is trying to make a deal to get Snoop Dogg into the Hall of Fame this year, according to the Observer, but it's entirely possible it doesn't get done.
- There are already plans in place for another big NXT Takeover special in Orlando the weekend of WrestleMania 33.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.