Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Talk of a brand split started before Shane McMahon's return was official, so his WrestleMania match stipulation is a result of their thinking about going back to running Raw and SmackDown as different promotions, not the start of those plans.
- According to PWInsider, an arrest warrant for Ric Flair that had kept Naitch from working event in his home state has been rescinded. This is probably because he paid the $33,000 in legal fees and support he owed an ex-wife there.
- Enzo Amore, Colin Cassady & Carmella worked WWE house shows this past weekend, and reportedly were greeted with silence in Missouri, but won the crowd over by the end their segment working with Big Show against the Wyatts.
- It's expected that Kevin Von Erich will induct the Freebirds into the WWE Hall of Fame next month.
- UFC heavyweight Alistair Overeem told Fox Sports he'd be interested in working with Brock Lesnar (who retired from MMA after losing to Overeem) again in WWE "when I retire from real fighting."
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.