Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The Braun Strowman saga continues, with PWInsider suggesting Vince McMahon backed down from Undertaker plans due to fan backlash when their match was floated online. There are plans in place for the Dead Man, but they're only known to a few and involve someone "totally unexpected."
- Chikara top man Mike Quakenbush was at the Performance Center recently, but no one is sure for what purpose. With the Evolve partnership in full swing and reports of WWE execs meeting with Lucha Underground, it could be worth watching what the quirky indy does next.
- Konnan said on a recent MLW Radio broadcast that Rey Mysterio is looking to return to WWE if he can get a lighter schedule than his old one.
- WWE isn't letting a recent incident on the post-Rumble Raw deter than and is encouraging fans to dress as their favorite characters for live events. More cosplay may drive merchandise sales or even create new demand for accessories.
- Backstage was obviously quieter than normal last night in Seattle, with WWE personnel in a somber mood following Daniel Bryan's announcement. Some insiders suggested that was as much because guys were reflecting on their own concussion history as it was due to sadness for Bryan's retirement.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.