Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Paige is supposed to return to the road with WWE when her second, 60 day Wellness Suspension ends on Dec. 9. She will have a non-wrestling role until she’s cleared from her neck surgery.
- WWE has discussed the possibility of making NXT a live broadcast, per Wrestling Observer Radio. A lot of logistics would have to be worked out, obviously, but the move could happen in 2017.
- There are plans to use NXT women, specifically Liv Morgan, for WWE’s post-Christmas house shows.
- Wrestling Observer confirmed that, like Jerry Lawler, Lita has been moved off regular WWE programming. She does have a Legends deal and can be used for special events, but won’t be used for episodic or event pre-shows.
- Billy Corgan’s lawsuit against TNA was officially dismissed in Tennessee court this week following his settlement with Anthem, according to PWInsider. Corgan is liable for court costs, but is still able to re-file in the future against some parties, like Dixie Carter.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.