Here's a place to check results and comment along with the latest airing of WWE 205 Live in its regular Tuesday night at 10PM Eastern time slot on WWE Network.
It’s the fifth episode of the new show, and Neville tries to move one step closer to being the King of the Cruiserweights in more than just name when he faces the champ, Rich Swann. And the issues between Jack Gallagher and Ariya Daivari escalate to a... GENTLEMAN’S DUEL (whatever that is)!
We'll post match results here, and we will also have a regular reactions post later. In the meantime, and most importantly, this gives you Cagesiders a dedicated place to rave and/or bitch about whatever goes down on the WWE’s cruiserweight showcase - while it’s being broadcast!
Enjoy the show!
- Tony Nese (with Drew Gulak) def. Cedric Alexander (with Alicia Fox) via pinfall following a palm strike (Cedric was distracted when Alicia got ejected from ringside after Gulak pretended she’d attacked him)
- Noam Dar approached Fox backstage and offered her a Christmas present... mistletoe he held over her head. She smacked him. They repeated this. When she stormed off, Dar smiled and said “Merry Christmas to me”
- Renee Young sits down with Neville. She asks why he’s targeted the division, and he says he’s insulted they didn’t come to him for the Cruiserweight Classic, and how that’s an example of how he’s been discriminated against in America. He talks about Rich Swann being his “young boy” (apprentice) in Japan. Since he’s used to competing with 300 pounders, the cruiserweights will be a doddle. When Young doesn’t know what that means, Neville ends the interview.
- Mustafa Ali def. John Yurnet via pinfall following an inverted 450 splash
- In-ring interview with Chicago’s own Ali. He tells Dasha Fuentes he came to WWE to prove people who make assumptions about him based on his name and appearance wrong, but the Universe proved him wrong by accepting him. From now on, he’s letting his wins in the ring do his talking for him.
- Promo video for Ariya Daivari
- Jack Gallagher def. Ariya Daivari in a Gentleman’s Duel (Gallagher presented the rules in a promo, offering Daivari first choice of weapon. Daivari chose at lead pipe while Jack took an umbrella (both men passed on the candlestick - a gift from Jack’s friend Col. Mustard). They were supposed to turn and fight at five paces, but Ariya tried to attack first. Jack took him apart with the umbrella, and chased him with a drop kick)
- Tajiri debuts next week
- Neville def. Rich Swann via pinfall following a Superplex in a non-title (also an excellent, 15 minute) match
- Afterwards, Neville continued to suplex and superkick the champ. Referees finally got him to stop, but he exiting screaming “BRING ME MY CROWN”