Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Internal justification for Tom Casiello’s exit from WWE is that they eliminated a level of management to reduce overhead.
- Speaking of cost-saving, as part of the story of Jerry Lawler leaving WWE’s pre-shows, the King revealed he is essentially the permanent Master of Ceremonies for their annual pre-WrestleMania Hall of Fame ceremony.
- There was a rumor going around that Hall of Famer Harley Race had been moved to a nursing home due to declining health. PWInsider says he has been moved to an in-patient facility, but for the purpose of stepping up physical therapy to assist with mobility - not because he’s at death’s door.
- Ring of Honor issued a press release saying Nigel McGuinness had resigned from his position as matchmaker for the promotion. The resignation, like the matchmaker job, is kayfabe.
- That said, PWInsider reports the announcement was made in case ROH needs him to take over commentary for Steve Corino... or in case McGuiness follows Corino to a trainer position in WWE Developmental.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.