With the thirtieth Survivor Series closing in, we here at Cageside Seats will be looking back on the first 29 editions leading up to the Smackdown vs. RAW themed event on November 20. So, for our next Live Retro Blog, we’re letting you pick which edition to cover. Now you’ll notice there are a few not on the list (either for personal reasons or they have been already covered), but do choose from the following:
- The 1987 edition went up against Starrcade and features the first Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant in-ring meeting on TV since Wrestlemania III.
- The 1991 event had the hook of a WWF title match between Hulk Hogan and The Undertaker.
- The 1992 event had a lot of turnover and features just one traditional Survivor Series match, but you do get a nightstick-on-a-pole match, a casket match, and Bret Hart versus Shawn Michaels for the WWF title.
- Sure the 1994 event features one of the worst Survivor Series bouts of all time, but you also get Bret Hart versus Bob Backlund for the WWF title. And Chuck Norris.
- The 1996 event features Bret Hart’s first match since Wrestlemania XII (and it’s against Steve Austin, no less), plus Shawn Michaels versus Sid for the WWF crown. And the in-ring debut of one Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.
- The 1999 event features the debut of Olympic Gold medalist Kurt Angle and the beginning to one of the biggest storylines of the Attitude Era: Steve Austin getting run over by a car.
- The 2002 event featured the first ever Elimination Chamber match, Brock Lesnar’s first pinfall defeat, and the conclusion of the Smackdown Six tag team war.
- The 2003 edition has Vince McMahon and The Undertaker in a Buried Alive match, Shane McMahon and Kane in an ambulance match, and Stone Cold Steve Austin putting his faith (and his general manager job) in the hands of five guys.
- Even with the cloud of the death of Eddie Guerrero, the 2005 event did have the hook of the first ever team Smackdown vs. RAW match.
Ok, down below is where you vote. Poll closes at 9pm ET Friday, with the winner to be announced four hours later.