Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Charlotte Flair’s pay-per-view (PPV) win streak will be the major story of Raw’s Women’s division for the foreseeable future, but the idea is to make a big star by having someone finally break it - probably at WrestleMania 33.
- A graphic said to be from WWE.com was floating around showing Sami Zayn as the fifth member of Raw’s Survivor Series team yesterday, but that spot is most likely still going to Seth Rollins.
- WWE’s Donald Trump connections were in the news again, as the Republican Presidential candidate has denied knowing organized crime figure Robert LiButti - but then photos emerged showing the Hall of Famer seated next to LiButti at WrestleMania IV in Atlantic City in 1988.
- There were rumors TJ Perkins Tweeted and deleted criticism of the women going on last at Hell in a Cell this past Sunday, but Perkins Tweeted (and didn’t delete) a denial where he also praised Charlotte and Sasha Banks.
- TNA’s Davey Richards announced he’s retiring in 2017. The news was met with skepticism, as Richards has “retired” several times in the past.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.