Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- There’s talk of “friendly tension” between John Cena and WWE over things like his outside projects and big-money deal given to Goldberg.
- While there’s no danger of the star leaving the company, Vince McMahon reportedly told his creative team to brainstorm other opponents for Undertaker at WrestleMania 33 in case there’s an issue with Cena.
- The title shot James Ellsworth won along with his contract last week will likely be booked somewhere in between TLC and Royal Rumble - and be where AJ Styles finally gets a win over Ellsworth.
- Bayley is rumored to have accepted a marriage proposal from her long-time boyfriend, independent wrestler Aaron Solow, over the holiday break.
- PWInsider confirmed reports from earlier in the day Monday that WWE Superstars is cancelled. Main Event will tape before Raw, with Tuesday remaining a three hour show for live crowds with 205 Live filming after SmackDown.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.