WWE isn’t the only company in the pay-per-view (PPV) business next weekend. Ring of Honor (ROH) offers up their annual end-of-the-year extravaganza - not to be confused with All-Star Extravaganza, their yearly Fall show - Final Battle on Friday, Dec. 2, 2016.
The show will come our way from a venue in which ROH has a ton of history, New York City’s Hammerstein Ballroom. Belltime is 9PM Eastern. Streaming info isn’t up on ROHWrestling.com yet, but Comcast lists the price of the show on traditional PPV as $34.95.
In the age of WWE Network and FloSlam, that sticker price is an issue for a lot of fans. But ASE8 delivered one of ROH’s better shows in recent memory with a stellar Ladder War main event crowning one of the most popular acts in independent & international pro graps as tag champs. And this show not only features Cody (Rhodes), but two other big recent signings - Will Ospreay and current television champ Marty Scurll.
Will Final Battle make it two worthy ROH PPVs in a row? Here’s what they’re offering up...
- Adam Cole (c) vs. Kyle O’Reilly for the ROH Championship
- Marty Scurll (c) vs. Will Ospreay vs. Bobby Fish vs. Dragon Lee for the ROH TV Championship
- The Young Bucks (c) vs. The Briscoes for the ROH Tag Team Championship
- Lio Rush, Jay White & KUSHIDA vs. The Kingdom (TK O’Ryan, Vinny Marseglia & Matt Taven) in the finals of the tournament to crown the ROH Six Man Tag Team Champions
- The Cabinet (Caprice Coleman, Kenny King & Rhett Titus) vs. Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley & Donovan Dijak
- Cody Rhodes vs. Jay Lethal
- Jushin “Thunder” Liger vs. Silas Young
- Colt Cabana vs. Dalton Castle
That’s the card so far and it looks to be final offering.