Survivor Series began in 1987 as a way to milk what was then the biggest-money making feud in WWF history: Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant. It predates Summerslam, it predates the Royal Rumble, it predates every WWE show on the air today.
The ultimate in team competition in its early years has sadly deteroiated its way towards obsoletion with more weekly content, and was at one point on the verge of being totally extinct before longtime fans raised a ruckus about it.
But the second oldest PPV in WWE has had its share of moments and surely it will have a few more when the company puts on its 30th edition this Sunday.
But what is the greatest Survivor Series moment ever?
I feel like I know the answer, but we’re gonna do a countdown of it anyway, and you’re gonna help.
- First and foremost, only stuff that's happened on the PPV that aired. So for example, no, you cannot nominate Bret Hart punching Vince McMahon’s daylights out.
- Second, no pre-show stuff either.
- Third, no speculating on this year’s Survivor Series as a nomination. That will not count because there’s no guarantee it will happen.
- Does your moment pass these three requirements? If so, in the subject box, write Nominate - your greatest Survivor Series moment here.
- And as always, defend your moment in the comment box. A picture, video, a short description, something. Don't assume everyone knows. The event is nearly thirty years old, and not everyone on this site is old enough to have seen or remember every Survivor Series ever.
- See something you agree on? Give it a rec; that's how the countdown's made.
- Multiple nominations of the same moment will not count; only the first nomination's recs will count. So before ya go nominating, use CTRL-F or CMD-F and make sure your potential nominee wasn't already named.
As always, nominations close 24 hours from date and time of post. The rec totals at that time will be taken into account. Anything after that will not.
Who will survive?