Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE sent Undertaker to Cleveland for the Cavaliers NBA season opener as a publicity stunt, hoping to get viral video of the Dead Man with LeBron James. Since it wasn’t cleared with him ahead of time, James chose not to meet with Taker.
- The Observer says WWE is considering rolling back the number of pay-per-view (PPV) events in 2017, since adding a second one in September didn’t result in an increase in Network subscriptions.
- The company is looking to beef up other original content for the streaming service, including a vehicle for Paul Heyman, more shows for JBL and a PTI-type show, possibly with ESPN and Hot 97’s Peter Rosenberg as one of the hosts.
- Anthem’s plans for TNA likely involve low cost content for their networks, like how Sinclair uses Ring of Honor.
- Akira Tozawa has finished up with Dragon Gate and is getting settled in Orlando. He’s expected to have a big role on 205 Live.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.