Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE is expected to make a big pitch for Texans like Steve Austin, Shawn Michaels and possibly even Undertaker to work Royal Rumble in San Antonio, even if only in small, non-wrestling roles.
- The rumored talent meeting where Dixie Carter was reportedly going to update TNA’s roster about the state of the company didn’t happen at Bound for Glory. What’s more, it doesn’t appear to be on the schedule for this week’s tapings, either.
- Another WWE Developmental talent has been let go, according to Squared Circle Sirens. CJ Dunning just signed in April, but the former fitness competitor is reportedly taking independent booking. No word on what lead to her exit.
- As you’d expect with three names reportedly released in short order, there are rumors of more cuts coming soon.
- Not sure what this has to do with wrestling, but it’s making the rounds and we have very little shame... in a recent episode of his podcast, Ric Flair was asked about celebrities who’ve ridden "Space Mountain" and Naitch bragged he’d slept with Oscar winner Halle Berry.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.