Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to PWTorch, despite investing in the parent company, WWE did not have any influence in the launch of FloSlam, and it is unrelated to the market research they were doing about putting independent promotions on WWE Network.
- Dave Meltzer confirmed this on the 4FW Board, and said WWE officials are "not happy" because the price for indie content will "skyrocket" with Flo as a competitor.
- Following up on their report yesterday of WWE looking to sign him long-term, PWInsider says James Ellsworth has been booked for tonight’s SmackDown.
- WWE may be looking to add a Monday night post-show similar to Talking Smack. They’re supposed to try the idea with the new Raw Talk this Sunday after Hell in a Cell.
- Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic filming is scheduled for this weekend’s Los Angeles NXT house show, according to Ryan Satin of Pro Wrestling Sheet.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.