Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- With pressure to fill the Alamodome, WWE is considering speeding up the Seth Rollins vs. Triple H feud in order for them to have a match at Royal Rumble. They’re still penciled in for WrestleMania, so a January bout would set up a rematch.
- Based on the response to and ratings for Raw, there’s already talk of keeping Goldberg around for at least one more match - possibly at WrestleMania.
- Triple H & Stephanie McMahon are trying to film a women’s tournament show for WWE Network, tentatively titled the World Women’s Classic, in January or February 2017.
- The romance between Paige and Alberto Del Rio is set to be the main storyline for the first several episodes of Total Divas season six, according to Pro Wrestling Sheet.
- Those episodes were edited before the drama between Paige and WWE really flared up and Del Rio left the company. It’s not clear how later episodes will present the couple - if at all.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.