UPDATE: Maybe not.
Given some of the confusion about what actually constitutes a main event these days, perhaps it would be better to say the Women’s title match between Charlotte and Sasha Banks - already a first by virtue of being contested inside Hell in a Cell - will close the show in Boston on Oct. 30.
Whatever you call it, this is a first. Raw General Manager Mick Foley explained on Facebook:
This will be the first time women will main event a WWE pay-per-view (PPV).
Congratulations to Sasha, Charlotte & all the female performers working hard to change fans’ minds about women in pro wrestling, and thanks to Vince McMahon, Triple H, Stephanie McMahon, Foley & everyone behind-the-scenes lobbying to increase the size of the spotlight the ladies are working in, so they can impress even more people.
The Hell in a Cell card, headlined by Banks defending her title against Charlotte, looks like this:
- Sasha Banks (c) vs. Charlotte in a Hell in a Cell match for the Women’s title
- Seth Rollins vs. Kevin Owens (c) in a Hell in a Cell match for the Universal championship
- Roman Reigns (c) vs. Rusev in a Hell in a Cell match for the U.S. title
- Cesaro & Sheamus vs. New Day (c) for the tag team championship
- TJ Perkins (c) vs. Brian Kendrick for the Cruiserweight title