Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Been a while since we’ve heard this one, but Forbes posted a column speculating on a John Cena heel turn - and it includes “sources” saying WWE is seriously considering it as a way to boost ratings now that he’s a part-timer.
- Eagle-eyed observers noted TJ Perkins replaced Paige in the Raw open, another sign WWE is hunkering down for a long fight with the former Divas champ.
- There are no signs that any element of the Paige/Alberto Del Rio engagement or her family’s disapproval are a “work”.
- We might have another veteran coming back to Raw or SmackDown... reports say the Boogeyman has stopped taking indie bookings because he’s headed back to the ‘E.
- Bubba Ray Dudley has only been gone a couple months, but he’s already teasing another comeback. He’s recently mentioned SmackDown and next January’s Royal Rumble on Twitter, and some think neither is out of the question.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.