Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Dean Ambrose as the last babyface standing against Triple H in the Rumble may have been an audible called during the match because of crowd reaction to Roman Reigns.
- Teasing a return to the gym just weeks after surgery has insiders already speculating on another miraculous recovery and early return for John Cena.
- Hulk Hogan is filming his first new commercial since his WWE firing for using racial slurs in a leaked sex tape. The spots for 800-Loan-Mart could be a test balloon for his return to WWE.
- Despite a cryptic Tweet about a change, it's expected that Cody Rhodes will stay in the Stardust character at least through WrestleMania, where it's believed he'll do something with Stephen Amell.
- Hiroshi Tanahashi, aka the Japanese John Cena, suffered a dislocated shoulder over the weekend. No word on his recovery plan or return timetable, but it would be another blow to (or opportunity for younger stars) New Japan who has Kota Ibushi out with a neck injury and recently lost AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura to WWE.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.