Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Not surprisingly, Ric Flair is the guy expected to induct Sting into the WWE Hall of Fame.
- We heard last week that Randy Orton doesn't need neck surgery, but WWE still isn't planning on having him back for WrestleMania. There's a chance he could be back by mid-March, but with the medical window for being cleared possibly as late as May, he's not being factored into plans until after Mania.
- Making no secret of the fact that he was there to visit with old friend Chavo Guerrero, a series of social media messages from MVP's visit to the Lucha Undergound set has a lot of fans thinking he might be signing with the promotion for late season two or season three.
- Mauro Ranallo is now the voice of SmackDown thanks to the lobbying efforts of another announcer WWE had once hoped to put in play-by-play, Renee Young.
- Though obviously not used, Chad Gable and Jason Jordan were backstage at the Raw tapings Monday night.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.