Everybody who comes to Cageside Seats has an opinion about what's going on in pro wrestling - The Smark's Shoot Standings (S3) are where YOU let us know YOURS.
Cast a vote in the comments. Give us the four performers you think entertained or impressed the most in the last week, and feel free to talk about why. And/or vote for your top performer in our poll.
We also have the outcome of last week's voting, the results of which make up our annual competition for Performer of the Year.
Remember, the Standings are for the previous week's nationally televised and internet streaming pro wrestling shows -New Japan's Wrestle Kingdom 10, the January 4 episode of WWE Monday Night Raw, Tuesday's TNA Impact, Wednesday's WWE NXT and ROH TV, Thursday's SmackDown and any other internet streaming wrestling that aired from January 3 - 9, 2016.
Make YOUR mark, smarks!
Heard that Neville is trying to get last week's winner to adopt this as a new catchphrase:
Good luck with that,
- Losses don't phase your love of either NXT alum at the top of another holiday week, but destroying everyone in your path trumps earnest friendship & puns.
- The champ outsmarts the Chairman, who sets in motion another plan to dethrone the champ. They probably can't break the cycle, and won't as long as it keeps getting your votes.
- Go watch this. It's good. Smarks like it. Because it's good.
- The elder statesman of New Day will fight your children, and Team B.A.D.'s leader won a match after wearing a dick on her head. Nope, that was just a Patriots hat. My bad, that one's on Sean.
- Speaking of "my bad", campaigning for a Slammy you already won is roughly equivalent to arguing your way into a beatdown from League of Nations.
The S3: 2015-16, Week 40
1. Kevin Owens
2. Becky Lynch
3. Roman Reigns
4. Stitch Osiris
6. Kofi Kingston
7. Vince McMahon
8. Sasha Banks
9. (tie) John Cena
9. (tie) R-Truth
Points in our weekly Standings determine our annual list - full details on rules and scoring HERE.
At the top, we're left wondering if Romey can pass Seth as KO pulls away from the triage unit of the rest of the top five. At the bottom, we have two women in the annual top ten! If that's not the first time that's happened, it's definitely the latest in a season that it has.
The S3 Performer of the Year - through the Week Ending January 2
1. Kevin Owens - 209.5 points
2. Seth Rollins - 177.5
3. Roman Reigns - 123.5
4. John Cena - 117
5. Cesaro - 116.5
6. Dean Ambrose - 86
7. Sasha Banks - 74.5
8. Xavier Woods - 69.5
9. Neville - 65.5
10. (tie) Big E - 56
10. (tie) Becky Lynch - 56
We only thought we'd had crazy weeks in the past...this week was bananas! Sift through the news and actual wrestling with help from our sections devoted to New Japan, Raw, Impact, NXT, Smackdown, and ROH, then give us the wrestlers you think fared the best or entertained you the most.
It's a brave new world out there, smarks.