Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Wrestling Inc posted a rumor from a "credible source" that Hornswoggle didn't actually test positive for a banned substance but rather was surprised with a random test at home and didn't provide a urine sample fast enough, so he was failed. WWE actually responded saying they couldn't talk about it out of respect for medical privacy.
- According to the Observer, the "Ashley from HR" storyline was inspired by actual events within WWE.
- Speaking of that story, PW Insider notes the woman who played "Ashley" was an actor but she was named after Ashley Osterriede, who is the actual Director of Human Resources at WWE.
- Here's your now annual "Cesaro is in the doghouse" rumor.
- WWE could be announcing its various signings from the independent scene soon, like Athena, Biff Busick, and others.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.