Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to the Observer, Sting's promo on Raw putting over Triple H was to play mind games on Seth Rollins to drive a wedge between the two.
- Apparently WWE may have a celebration planned for the Sept. 14 episode of Raw when Nikki Bella is set to break AJ Lee's record for longest title reign.
- The idea for the finish in the Paige vs. Sasha Banks match on Raw this week was apparently for Paige to have Banks in the PTO while the clock ran out. That's why they were rushing to get it locked on as time was expiring but obviously they didn't execute it properly.
- Speaking of botched Divas match finishes, the Observer notes that there was no heat on anyone involved in the Fatal 4-Way taped in Brooklyn, though Becky Lynch was apparently very upset about it.
- PW Insider is reporting that TNA has reorganized its business to handle things in-house instead of through Panda Energy.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.