Here's a place to check results and comment along with Ring of Honor (ROH)'s All-Star Extravaganza VII pay-per-view (PPV) - happening tonight, Friday, September 18, 2015 from San Antonio, Texas.
Tonight's show is not only competing with WWE, who are running NXT in Austin tonight just up I35 in addition to in San Antonio against ROH's television taping tomorrow, but running a similar gimmick as Night of Champions. Dual champion Jay Lethal defends his belts in two separate matches against decorated tag team reDRagon, against Bobby Fish for the Television title, and Kyle O'Reilly for the World championship.
Whoever emerges from the main event will face the winner of tonight's #1 contender fourway between AJ Styles, Michael Elgin, Roderick Strong and Adam Cole. The Phenomenal One is the only man in the match who isn't a former ROH World champ, but with TNA and IWGP runs on his stat sheet, he's obviously a threat to win his first one if he gets the chance.
The tag titles are also on the line, as Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian of The Addiction defend against both The Young Bucks and Michael Bennett & Matt Taven of The Kingdom. Whoever comes out of that one with the straps will undoubtedly have an eye on The Briscoes Open Challenge, as legends Jay & Mark look to re-enter the division with a splash.
A high-flying showcase and a couple of grudge matches round out the card, as the Best of Five series between Texas' own ACH and his mentor Matt Sydal hit its third match tied at one win a piece, while Moose & Cedric Alexander look to settle their issues in a No DQ match. Plus, my favorite wrestler and yours, Dalton Castle battles Silas Young to prove what a real man is. If Silas wins, he gets Dalton's Boys. If the Party Peacock emerges victorious, Young has to become his new Boy!
Bell-time is 9PM, and we'll update results as they come in below. The $34.99 PPV event is available on most major cable and satellite providers, streaming at ROHWrestling.com or on mobile devices with the Flipps app.
Feel free to use this space to discuss the show with the best pro wrestling community on the internet - before, during and after the show.
- Jay Lethal defeats Bobby Fish via pinfall with a roll-up (and a handful of tights) to retain the ROH TV title; Fish worked over the champ's leg, setting him up for his reDRagon partner in his other title defense later
- Silas Young defeats Dalton Castle via pinfall following a low blow and Misery; Young gets "possession" of The Boys, on of whom fainted as The Last Real Man was dragging them away
- All Night Express (Kenny King & Rhett Titus) defeat The Briscoes via pinfall following a combination on Mark; Adam Page attacked Jay after the bell, but ANX chased him off
- Moose defeats Cedric Alexander via pinfall after Stokely Hathaway hit Alexander with the wrench and Moose speared him through a table
- ACH defeats Matt Sydal via pinfall (Brainbuster and 450 Splash) to go up 2-1 in their Best of Five
- The Kingdom defeats The Addiction & The Young Bucks (Matt Taven rolls up Matt Jackson after the Bucks hit the Meltzer Driver on Frankie Kazarian) to become ROH tag team champions
- AJ Styles defeats Adam Cole, Michael Elgin & Roderick Strong (pin on Cole following Bloody Sunday & Styles Clash) to become the #1 contender to the ROH World title
- Jay Lethal defeats Kyle O'Reilly via pinfall following a Lethal Injection to retain his ROH World championship after Adam Cole turns on his FutureShock partner via Superkick
Nightmare fuel pic.twitter.com/Lt1bzo9H6v— AmplifiedtoJosh (@AmplifiedtoRock) September 19, 2015