Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to The Wrestling Observer, WWE has boxes and boxes of John Cena's "The Champ is Here" shirt featuring the United States title belt ready to roll for the Monday after Night of Champions.
- Getting his win back might not be the only familiar thing you see the Face Who Runs the Place doing in Houston...it's up for debate whether or not Sting and the WWE title will be the opener, but it looks like it's a lock to go on before the U.S. championship match where the second of Seth Rollins matches (and the one against you-know-who) will main event.
- Michael PS Hayes, who's celebrating his 20th anniversary with the company and who was just name-checked on the Stone Cold Podcast, is considered a front-runner for next year's WWE Hall of Fame class - presumably alongside his tag partners so they don't have to Freebird Rule the ring.
- Based on the reaction to the return of the Dudleys, WWE is considering giving Matt & Jeff Hardy another look. If fan interest is great enough (they've so far submitted feedback on Twitter), they'd be willing to overlook both brothers' past troubles based on clean records over the past several years.
- TNA talent reportedly haven't heard anything about the company's future beyond early October, when they have the Bound for Glory pay-per-view (PPV) in North Carolina.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.