Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Backstage chatter has Undertaker continuing on as a part-timer past WrestleMania 32. What he was able to do at and how he felt after SummerSlam have him thinking about working a few more years at his current pace.
- Looks like Naomi is once again out on Total Divas. Replacing her this time? Tough Enough runner-up Amanda Saccomanno, who'd already been rumored for a deal with WWE despite not winning the contest. While Sara Lee, the woman who did win, is at training at the Performance Center, Amanda's been Tweeting pics from backstage with the E! show cast (and Instagramming, too).
- Eric Bischoff, who recently worked with WWE Network on the next batch of Monday Night War episodes, is being considered as a guest for a future Stone Cold Podcast.
- UFC champ Ronda Rousey's increasingly busy movie schedule - she agreed to play the Patrick Swayze role in a remake of Road House this week - is a good sign for WWE, as she can fit wrestling work in around filming (similar to Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson) more easily than around fight prep. Her next film, Mile 22 with Rock's buddy Mark Wahlberg, will likely rule her out for Texas in 2016, though, since it has overseas dates set for March & April.
- Nothing confirmed, but Athena did an interview from Booker T's Reality of Wrestling promotion saying "bigger and better things are waiting" for her in response to a question about WWE rumors.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.