Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The Observer is reporting that the original finish they came up with for Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar was changed and what we saw executed was what the plan was, which is to say we weren't supposed to know what was going on until a replay showed Undertaker tapping.
- Dave Meltzer brought up on Wrestling Observer Radio that he heard something about Lana maybe not being able to wrestle in WWE, possibly for a medical reason. He did say he could be wrong, but she has never wrestled. We'll see.
- According to PW Insider, everyone at WWE was really happy with how Stephen Amell performed at SummerSlam and they're leaving the door open for a possible singles match sometime down the road.
- Mick Foley noted that he worked the SummerSlam event only because Jon Stewart specifically asked to do a segment with him.
- The United States title is not currently listed on the "Champions" section of WWE.com's roster page, which along with John Cena's Raw promo on Raw may confirm speculation that it will not be a focus for WWE as long as Seth Rollins holds both belts.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.