Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The Observer has reported that they were told to "expect something huge" for Monday Night Raw next week.
- Steve Austin has apparently already left Brooklyn and won't be appearing at SummerSlam. Ric Flair, however, is in town and could make an appearance at either NXT Takeover: Brooklyn or SummerSlam.
- There do not appear to be any plans to move the Royal Rumble next year despite the fact that it's currently scheduled to go head-to-head with the NFC Championship Game.
- There's at least some talk now of Samoa Joe never making it up to the main roster in WWE and staying in NXT while he's with the company.
- Regarding the issues between Jim Cornette and The Young Bucks, the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter notes that Cornette is working it for a gimmick at this point but the heat is real on The Young Bucks side.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.