As has become customary, Triple H held a conference call for media today in advance of this weekend's NXT Takeover: Brooklyn live special on the WWE Network. The important bits and pieces to come from the call:
- He confirmed that there will be a taping for NXT television during the evening, which would seem to indicate the card he tweeted out is showcasing matches for future episodes of NXT TV.
- When asked about the situation with Evolve, he skirted around it saying he'll do whatever is best for WWE's business while also saying they aren't looking to take anyone out. That's what going head-to-head with Ring of Honor was, simply the best business decision for WWE. At least that's what he said.
- We can likely expect more big arena Takeover specials that will be attached to major WWE pay-per-views like SummerSlam.
- He's hoping to take NXT overseas.
- Apollo Crews was praised specifically and he also teased that other big debuts will be coming soon. For that matter, he called the constant turnover rate both a blessing and a curse for the brand, which he also maintains will continue to look nothing like Raw or SmackDown because WWE feels it can be its own thing.