Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The word on the booking from Raw on Monday with Randy Orton, Seth Rollins, and Sheamus was WWE wanted a back up in place in the event that John Cena couldn't go at SummerSlam, with options on the table including Orton vs. Rollins or Orton vs. Sheamus vs. Rollins, according to the Observer. Then, the next day, they announced Cena vs. Rollins anyone. So either they were playing it safe, or something else.
- Dave Meltzer also has noted that Sheamus had been pulled from Raw on Sunday but was cleared on Monday and worked the show.
- According to PW Insider, The Miz was originally planned to team with Stardust against Neville and Stephen Amell at SummerSlam before Ryback was injured and the Intercontinental title program was pushed back a month.
- Although a certain segment of fans may be somewhat down on NXT at the moment, the word internally is that everyone within the company is thrilled with the promotion considering the sellout for Takeover: Brooklyn.
- Don't expect anyone from Tough Enough this year to make it into NXT, at least not anytime soon.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.