Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Sting apparently got himself into awesome shape for a match at SummerSlam when he was told he would be on the show, according to the Observer. However, as noted, he's been told plans changed. It's still possible, however, that he does make an appearance on the pay-per-view, though not in a match.
- WWE is still hoping that Roman Reigns will get a big babyface reaction teaming with Dean Ambrose in Brooklyn at SummerSlam. That's part of why he was booked in a tag match instead of a major singles bout.
- According to the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, AJ Lee is apparently not interested in doing anything in wrestling right now but there are those who "have been told her daily fee to do anything is $15,000, plus business class travel and hotel."
- WWE is now looking for a Latin female to be a star for the company, wrestling or otherwise, according to the Observer.
- Apparently Chael Sonnen will be meeting with Michael Cole when SmackDown goes to Portland in August. No word on what it's about or even if it's anything formal with WWE.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.