Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The National Enquirer has promised there is "more to come" on Hulk Hogan and the Observer reports that that could be as soon as later today or sometime this weekend.
- According to PW Insider, WWE has sent word out to literally all of its partners to immediately cease any work on projects remotely related to Hogan. The company is trying to distance itself from him as much as possible and it's likely going to be a long time before he comes back, if ever.
- The word making the rounds is that Ric Flair is the leading candidate to replace Hogan as a judge on Tough Enough. F4W also notes that Chris Jericho, The Miz, and Mick Foley have also been discussed as possibilities. The final decision will be made and announced on the show next Tuesday night.
- Speaking of Tough Enough, PW Insider notes that Vince McMahon still sees it as a major priority and he's skipping SmackDown tapings to produce the show himself on many weeks.
- Bully Ray is apparently already done with TNA despite just being named the new General Manager of Impact. The word at PW Insider is that it was not a long term storyline and they've already taped the conclusion of the angle.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.