Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Although Brock Lesnar breaking Kane's ankle on TV wasn't used on TV when Undertaker explained his motivations for confronting Lesnar, Dave Meltzer notes on the latest Observer Radio that there is "a lot to be determined" on the story they're telling. So it could change in the coming weeks.
- It's possible that Triple H is now playing a babyface because they turned Stephanie McMahon for the Divas revolution and the feeling is a husband and wife can't be a heel and a babyface at the same time.
- It looks like Kevin Owens has been dropped from the US title scene and he'll be working in the mid-card going forward. What's more, he likely won't be in a featured match at SummerSlam.
- The Rock's cousin, Lina Fanene, may be debuting for NXT at the next set of tapings in August.
- According to PW Torch, Ring of Honor isn't worried about NXT because they're owned by Sinclair and they're confident in the talent they have that WWE won't want to hire away while also feeling okay about Hunter Johnston as a talent scout.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.