Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- It would appear at least possible that WWE is really going to go all out and spare no expense to make WrestleMania 32 the biggest event in the history of the company. That could include: Steve Austin vs. Brock Lesnar, The Rock vs. Triple H, Undertaker vs. Sting, a Hulk Hogan match, and possibly even a Shield triple threat for the WWE world heavyweight championship. Obviously a lot has to go right for this to happen but WWE is pushing hard for its biggest show ever.
- The New Day vs. The Primetime Player for the tag team titles, Ryback vs. Big Show vs. The Miz for the Intercontinental title, and Nikki Bella vs. Paige for the Divas title are all likely for the Money in the Bank pay-per-view on June 14 in Colubmus.
- For now and into the foreseeable future, Kevin Owens will be booked as the number two heel in WWE behind only World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins.
- Speaking of Owens, not surprisingly, the plan appears to be for Finn Balor to win the NXT heavyweight title from him at the July 4 live show from Tokyo.
- According to the Observer, Tyson Kidd suffered an injury in his match with Samoa Joe this week, with one WWE performer calling it a "spinal cord injury". WWE, however, is keeping everything secretive if he is hurt.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.