WWE Payback is all set to pop off tonight (Sun., May 17, 2015) from the Baltimore Arena in Baltimore, Maryland at 7:00 p.m. ET, live on the WWE Network. You may also be able to watch this on pay-per-view (PPV) if your cable provider is carrying the event.
CagesideSeats.com will provide LIVE blow-by-blow, match-by-match coverage of Payback below, beginning with the first match of the evening and right on through to the main event.
Kick your off your shoes, relax, and enjoy all the action with your favorite pro wrestling website. And remember to keep refreshing! (Reminder: GIFs, pics, and links to illegal streams are not allowed in this thread. Offenders will be banned.)
WWE PAYBACK QUICK RESULTS
Seth Rollins def. Randy Orton, Roman Reigns, and Dean Ambrose
John Cena def. Rusev
Bray Wyatt def. Ryback
The New Day def. Brass Ring Club
Neville def. King Barrett
Sheamus def Dolph Ziggler
Naomi & Tamina def The Bella Twins
The Ascension def "The Mega Powers"
R-Truth def Stardust
WWE PAYBACK LIVE BLOG & MATCH COVERAGE
BaconStrips here. Let's do this?!?
- So it seems like The Meta Powers are "The Mega Powers" (quotes intentional).
- Eden interviews Dolph Ziggler about his upcoming match with Sheamus. Ziggler admits that he doesn't know what side of Sheamus will come out. However, that doesn't matter; the only thing that matters is payback. This ends tonight.
- An Elimination Chamber match for Vacant's Intercontinental Championship is announced.
- Eden interviews The Bella Twins. When asked about Daniel Bryan, Brie says that he's doing everything he can to return to what he loves. When the conversation turns to emotions possibly affecting tonight's match, Nikki says that they are real family, and it will be proved that Naomi will never be Divas Champion.
- A Trent Reznor lookalike is auditioning for Tough Enough....so is a guy who had his foot ran over.
- The Stone Cold Steve Austin podcast returns on June 1 with Paul Heyman.
- So...what are Bray Wyatt and Ryback feuding about? Seriously, someone tell me.
- Sheamus claims that his new hairdo is a representation of fear that Sheamus has become. Also, we will never see Sheamus in a legitimate tag team as he is a lone wolf. After he dodges the next question, Sheamus is asked if he's afraid of Dolph Ziggler. Sheamus responds by saying that Ziggler will be lucky if he lasts 18 seconds.
- Takeover: Unstoppable is almost here!
R-Truth vs Stardust
- Bell rings and Truth dances a bit because reasons. The two eventually tie up, and this goes nowhere. A shoving match starts and leads to a slapping match.
- Jerry Lawler used "future-endeavored"
- As the commentary team blabbers on, Truth delivers some arm drags and throws Stardust onto the apron. Truth tries to suplex Stardust in, but Stardust drapes Truth on the ropes and delivers a kick, sending Truth to the ground.
- Truth gets back in the ring and Stardust starts to display his vicious side with some stomps and head smashes. Truth tries to get a win with a jacknife pin, but to no avail.
- After a few more minutes, Truth downs Stardust with his suplex facebuster. This doesn't work well as Stardust comes back with a Disaster Kick for two. The setup for the kick was quite cool as well with Stardust bouncing from rope to rope.
- Truth tries to make another comeback, but Stardust uses a Side Effect for two. Stardust hisses at the ref after the count. Stardust then takes a glove off and starts slapping Truth with it.
- Truth smacks Stardust a couple times before dropping him with the Lie Detector for the win.
R-Truth def Stardust
"The Mega Powers" vs The Ascension
- Macho Mandow has a tiger pattern robe thing and OH MY GOD LOOK AT CURTIS AXEL!!!!!
- Axel rips his shirt off and Konnor starts attacking Axel, who immediately starts hulking up. Axel hits the five moves, but it only gets him a two after Viktor breaks the pin. The Ascension doesn't like this much as they start railing Axel.
- Eventually Mandow is tagged in and starts cleaning house with some of Randy Savage's classic moves.
- Mandow starts going for the elbow when Konnor knocks him from the turnbuckle. The Fall of Man is hit, and The Ascension gets the win.
The Ascension def "The Mega Powers"
WWE Signature and a video package about getting payback.
Sheamus vs Dolph Ziggler
- Before the bell, Sheamus slaps Ziggler. As the bell rings, Ziggler charges at Sheamus like a bat out of hell, sending Sheamus out of the ring hard on his knee. Ziggler follows to keep the pressure on. Ziggler hits a crossbody for two.
- Sheamus tries for White Noise, but it's reversed into a roll-up for two. Sheamus eventually stops the onslaught with a clothesline and an elbow to Ziggler's knee.
- Sheamus is definitely in control as he starts to manhandle Ziggler with some stiff holds and power moves.
- After a while, Ziggler starts to mount a comeback with some good stiff strikes and his signature DDT for two. After the near fall, Ziggler continues to keep the pressure on Sheamus, who is trapped in the corner.
- Ziggler exposes his buttcheek and delivers a Stinkface to Sheamus for retribution for last month's embarrassment. Sheamus runs out of the ring and gulps some water down.
- Back in the ring, an angry Sheamus hangs Ziggler on the ropes and tries for a Brogue Kick. Ziggler is able to dodge and hits a Famouser for two.
- Ziggler mounts Sheamus in the corner and starts to deliver punches, but this is reversed into a powerbomb for two. Sheamus follows up with a running powerslam for a two count as well.
- Sheamus delivers White Noise and immediately follows up with a Cloverleaf which Ziggler breaks by grabbing the ropes.
- A very angry Sheamus starts to assault Ziggler with slaps. Ziggler responds with a headbutt and superkick for two. Ziggler starts bleeding heavily, quickly turning into a Muta-approved crimson mask.
- Sheamus delivers a Brogue Kick for the win.
Sheamus def Dolph Ziggler
Backstage, Kane talks on the phone when Seth Rollins comes in. He asks Kane to put their animosity behind them and work together for the night. The two start arguing until Kane makes the point that Rollins should lose what he values most to teach him how to be a man. Kane says that he doesn't NEED his job, so he's content with watching Rollins lose.
Kane hasn't made a decision yet, but Rollins will be the first to know. Rollins responds by saying that Kane losing his job would pale in comparison to what Rollins would do to Kane
The New Day vs The Brass Ring Club (2/3 Falls for the WWE Tag Team Championship)
- Before the match, The New Day cuts one of their usual promos about being positive. They point out Adam Jones of the Baltimore Orioles before trashing the team for not winning a World Series in 32 years.
- Kidd and Kingston start. Cesaro is quickly tagged in and takes control of Kingston until Big E is tagged in. Cesaro does the "catch Big E and slam him down" spot for two. Big E responds with some strength of his own.
- Kingston is tagged in and received an AA from Cesaro. Cesaro then stomps on Big E and Kingston. Cesaro lifts Kingston in a suplex hold, strolls over to Kidd, and tags him in. After a few more seconds, Kidd and Cesaro drop Kingston for two.
- More double team insanity, and Cesaro/Kidd hit the Swing/Dropkick combo to win the first fall.
- During the break, Xavier Woods tries to invoke the Freebird Rule, but to no avail as Natalya pulls him off the apron.
- The action continues as Kidd vaults in and out of the ring. Kingston is nearly decapitated by a clothesline, and Kidd is almost taken out by a belly-to-belly on the outside after attempting a suicide dive.
- The New Day controls and trades tags as they keep assaulting Kidd. Kidd escapes a bearhug and tries to tag Cesaro, but Big E stops him and delivers his splash for two as Cesaro breaks the pin.
- Cesaro tries to help Kidd out, but earns a spear from Big E that sends both men crashing to the ground.
- Kingston comes off the turnbuckle to deliver a move, but meets the feet of Kidd. Kidd tries to tag Cesaro, but Cesaro is still in Lala-Land. Kidd keeps up with the heels, but this ends when Big E and Kingston deliver their double-team finish to get the second fall.
- To start the third fall, Kingston drags Kidd into the ring and tries to pin, but Kidd kicks out. Big E is then tagged in to deliver some punishment.
- Cesaro is finally tagged in and starts to clean house with lots of uppercuts. He tries to deliver a Tiger Driver to Big E, but to no avail as Big E wiggles out (I think they cancelled the move since it was evident that Big E was not in a safe position).
- Cesaro and Kidd deliver the Demolition Decapitation to Kingston, but this only earns a two count. Kidd locks in the sharpshooter, but Kingston reaches the ropes as Big E is thrown into the announce table.
- Cesaro and Kidd deliver a partner assisted Swiss Death and go for a pin, but it's broken up by Big E.
- During the insanity, Xavier Woods and Kofi Kingston perform Twin Magic and Xavier Woods rolls up Cesaro for the win.
The New Day def The Brass Ring Club
Bryon Saxton interviews Ryback about his upcoming match with Bray Wyatt. Ryback says that Wyatt is trying to intimidate him, but that won't happen.
Ryback vs Bray Wyatt
- The bell rings and both men start brawling with Ryback taking early control. The two men go in and out of the ring with Ryback maintaining control for a while until Wyatt launches himself at Ryback.
- Wyatt keeps control of Ryback despite a couple of comeback attempts. A DDT on the ring apron solidifies this control as well as a senton from the apron onto Ryback, who was lying on the floor.
- Ryback barely gets back into the ring before the ten count. When he gets back in, Wyatt resumes the offensive onslaught. Wyatt starts to taunt on the turnbuckle, which is a bad idea when Ryback delivers a powerbomb for two.
- After delivering a powerslam, Ryback lines up for the Meat Hook when Wyatt slips outside. Ryback follows and is introduced to a huge clothesline from Wyatt. The men get back inside and Wyatt throws Ryback like a toy.
- Ryback starts teasing Shellshock when he is shoved into the corner. Wyatt lifts him onto the top rope and attempts a superplex, but Ryback fights off Wyatt and sends him to the mat. Ryback follows up with a splash for a two count, but this busts up Ryback's ribs some more.
- The ref counts as Ryback and Wyatt are down. Ryback gets up and approaches Wyatt, who was playing possum as he sparks up and goes for Sister Abigail. Ryback fights out and attempts Shellshock, but Wyatt fights out.
- Ryback is then shoved into the corner with an exposed turnbuckle. This allows Wyatt to deliver Sister Abigail for the win.
Bray Wyatt def Ryback
John Cena vs Rusev (I Quit match for the United States Championship)
- The bell ring, and both men stare at each other as the crowd chants at Cena. Rusev takes the mic and yells stuff before acknowledging the divided chants. He tells Cena to quit, and Mike Chioda asks Cena if he wants to quit. Cena's answer is to charge at Rusev.
- Rusev immediately takes control with his hard-hitting offense. A "we want Lana" chant starts, causing Rusev to leave the ring and move Lana to a better position.
- Rusev reenters and Cena tries to take control, but Rusev quickly quells this with his patented strikes. Chioda asks if Cena wants to quit, and Cena brushes the mic away.
- More strikes, and another asking from Chioda. The obvious answer is no as Cena earns more punishment before landing a huge clothesline. This is in vain as Rusev lands a spinning heel kick before acknowledging the Lana chants again. He goes out and speaks to Lana, who is just watching the match.
- Rusev tells Lana to give him the Russian flag, which she does. He starts emphatically waving it as Lana forces a smile out. The taunting gives Cena time to recuperate and land his shoulder tackles and Five Knuckle Shuffle. He goes for the AA, but Rusev fights out and lands a fall-away slam.
- Cena rolls out of the ring and brushes off another question by Chioda. Rusev targets Cena's shoulder as he is thrown into the steps. Alas, Cena will not quit.
- Cena is rolled back into the ring, and Rusev follows with the ring steps. The steps are set in the corner, and Cena is thrown into them. Chioda asks, Cena says no.
- Another whip into the steps, and this time Rusev asks Cena if he wants to quit, but to no avail. Rusev positions the steps in the middle of the ring and puts Cena on top of them, but Cena back drops Rusev from them.
- Cena goes for a cross-body, but is caught by Rusev and side-slammed onto the steps. Chioda asks, Cena says no.
- Rusev starts to set up for The Accolade with his foot-stomp, but Cena moves, causing Rusev to stomp the stairs. Cena then lands the AA on the stairs. Chioda asks Rusev, but Rusev doesn't answer.
- Rusev rolls outside, but Cena sets up for the Sixth Move of Doom. He throws the stairs, but Rusev moves out of the way. The two men end up on the timekeeper's barricade, and Cena tells Rusev that he will be speared through the barricade if he doesn't quit. Rusev roars "no", and is speared through the barricade.
- Despite the abuse, Rusev won't quit, and Cena goes looking for a weapon, and he finds it in the form of an equipment case. Cena starts to push it, but meets DAT KICK. Cena still doesn't quit.
- The men start fighting through the crowd in front of the technical area. Rusev does a lame Alabamaslam on the table, and Cena tries to counter with the AA, but Rusev fights out. Cena sets up a table and beats Rusev with a monitor. Rusev won't quit as Cena continues the abuse.
- Cena gets Rusev up and attempts another AA, but Rusev escapes and does hit the Alabamaslam through the table. Cena won't quit as Rusev starts getting mad. He looks for toys and finds the pyro set to his excitement.
- Rusev sets up for DAT KICK on the stage, but Cena moves out of the way and AAs Rusev onto the pyro set, setting off some pyro. A concerned Lana comes rushing up, but RUSEV DOES NOT QUIT!!!
- The next toy to be used is a steel barricade. As Rusev crawls away, Cena carries the barricade over. Rusev gets up, says no, and eats barricade. Rusev won't quit as Cena lines up for a third AA. Rusev fights out and suplexes Cena on the barricade. Cena, of course, doesn't quit.
- Rusev hosses Cena into the ring and lines up for DAT KICK, which he delivers. The Accolade is locked in, but Cena won't quit (note Rusev's fantastic selling). Despite attempts to break it, Rusev doesn't let go as Cena collapses. Although Cena passes out, it does not count as a victory as he didn't say "I quit"
- In frustration, Rusev uncovers the turnbuckle and unhooks the top rope. He then gets a bottle of water to wake Cena up before continuing the punishment. Rusev tries to hit Cena with the turnbuckle post, but Cena dodges and locks in a rope-assisted STF. Rusev yells as Chioda asks him if he wants to quit.
- Eventually, Lana freaks out, grabs the mic, and says that Rusev quits.
John Cena def Rusev
Backstage, The New Day celebrates with milk as Byron Saxton tries to interview them. Xavier Woods says stuff including that they don't complain, and Saxton breaks the news that The New Day will defend their titles INSIDE the Elimination Chamber. Big E does a spit take, and Kingston complains.
The Bella Twins vs Naomi and Tamina
- Match starts and Naomi starts going after Nikki in the corner. Naomi taunts afterward, allowing Nikki to hit a single-legged dropkick. Brie is tagged in and starts working over Naomi. The two eventually head outside where Tamina distracts Brie enough for Naomi to take control, and this is solidified after a superkick.
- Naomi and Tamina trade tags as they work over Brie. Brie eventually tags Nikki in after literally being dropped on her head as she escapes Naomi.
- The pace picks up after a few Network skips for me. Naomi hits the Rear View after a distraction from Naomi, but Nikki kicks out. Brie jumps on Tamina from the turnbuckle to the floor, and Tamina eventually throws her into the barricade.
- This distraction allows Naomi to pulls Nikki from the top turnbuckle for the win.
Naomi and Tamina def The Bella Twins
Backstage, Lana is in a chair as Rusev paces and yells in Bulgarian before telling her to get out. Eventually she leaves as he starts wrecking the room.
Daniel Bryan's surrendering of the IC Title is revisited
King Barrett vs Neville
- Bell rings, and Neville goes for the quick roll-up for two. He then lands a cross-body and head-scissors, sending him outside. Neville teases a plancha before jumping outside with Barrett. Neville goes for another headscissors into the ring apron, but Barrett turns it into a stomach punt or few.
- Neville tries to get some offense going, but Barrett keeps stopping it with kicks and strikes. A backbreaker gets Barrett two.
- Barrett goes for another backbreaker, but Neville flips out and starts to come back. A standing Shooting Star Press gets him two. He starts to set up for the Red Arrow, but a kick to the midsection stop Neville in his tracks.
- Barrett sets up for the Bullhammer, but Neville dodges and instead eats Winds of Change for two. Neville is able to get an arm-drag rollup, but only for two. Neville sets up for the Red Arrow, but Barrett moves outside where he eats a moonsault. Neville rolls into the ring while limping, and Barrett just walks away
Neville def King Barrett by count-out
After the bell, Barrett starts beating Neville. As Barrett celebrates, Neville suplexes Barrett, breaking his scepter. Neville hits the Red Arrow.
Seth Rollins vs Roman Reigns vs Dean Ambrose vs Randy Orton (WWE World Heavyweight Championship)
- Before the participants come out, Kane comes out and stands ringside.
- The bell rings, and all three start heading for Rollins. J&J Security pull Ambrose and Reigns out and a brawl starts. Ambrose makes it back into the ring and suicide dives Rollins and Orton. J&J start attacking Ambrose and Orton until Reigns vaults the ropes and takes everyone out.
- Reigns and Rollins make it back into the ring and brawl until Reigns eats a STO into the turnbuckle. Ambrose lands the elbow on Rollins for two, and Orton comes in, sparking a brawl between him and Ambrose.
- Ambrose and Orton go at it until Reigns breaks a pinfall by Orton. Those two now start going at it. Orton tries for a RKO, but Reigns fights out. Ambrose comes in and clotheslines Orton and himself to the floor. At this point Rollins blindsides Reigns, taking control.
- Rollins goes for some corner splashes on Reigns until Ambrose interrupts with one of his own. Reigns follows up with a clothesline. Ambrose and Reigns bump fists before going to work on Rollins. Reigns sets up for the Superman Punch before Kane pulls him out of the ring and throws him into the barricade.
- Ambrose follows and tries to take Kane down, but Kane stops this with a punch. Orton is the next target, eating punishment from J&J and Kane. Inside, Rollins lands a Sling Blade on Ambrose for two.
- After a flying knee, Rollins lands a buckle bomb followed by Avada Kedavra from two when Ambrose kicks out. Rollins lines up for a second buckle bomb, but Ambrose fights out and eventually lands a rebound clothesline. He lines up for Dirty Deeds, but Kane interferes and chokeslams Ambrose. Rollins covers Ambrose, but only gets two.
- Kane tries to interfere again, but is pulled off by Orton and dropkicked by Reigns. Orton enters the ring and start working Rollins over and gets a two count following a t-bone suplex. Orton eventually lands a superplex on Rollins despite J&J trying to stop it.
- Rollins rolls outside where Orton meets him with a clothesline and a back drop on the barricade. Orton then deconstructs the announce table. Rollins drives Orton into the apron as Ambrose and Reigns recover.
- Reigns, Ambrose, and Rollins actually work together and TRIPLE POWERBOMB ORTON THROUGH THE TABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Rollins puts his fist out for the old Shield salute, but Ambrose and Reigns don't buy it. Instead, Ambrose and Reigns start beating Rollins and dismantle the Spanish table.
- Ambrose and Reigns set Rollins up for a double powerbomb, but Kane stops this. Kane is then powerbombed onto the table WHILE Rollins is lying on it. The crowd wants more, and Reigns obliges, powerbombing Kane onto Rollins THROUGH the table.
- Reigns and Ambrose chat for a moment, then they enter the ring. The brothers are gonna do it right here, right now.
- Ambrose and Reigns start trading blows until Ambrose lands a cross-body followed by punched. Reigns rolls up Ambrose and delivers a sit-down school-boy powerbomb for two.
- Reigns goes for the Superman Punch, but Ambrose dodges. Eventually Reigns is able to hit it for two. He lines up for a spear, but Reigns eats a knee. Ambrose goes for Dirty Deeds, but Reigns escapes and hits a spear until Rollins comes out of nowhere and breaks the pin.
- Rollins starts to scurry away, leaving J&J to deal with Reigns. Reigns makes short work of them and The Shield starts going at each other with Ambrose eventually hitting Dirty Deeds. However, Kane pulls Ambrose out of the ring and attacks Ambrose and Reigns with stairs. Reigns is chokeslammed on the stairs, and Orton kicks Kane from behind.
- Rollins starts teasing a draping DDT on Orton, but Orton reverses and tries for one of his own until J&J interferes. They eat RKOs, and Rollins eats a powerslam and DDT. Orton calls for the RKO, but is shoved into Kane, who eats the RKO.
- The distraction allows Rollins to take advantage and hit Orton with a Pedigree for the win.
Seth Rollins def Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, and Randy Orton
After the win, Triple H comes down and congratulates Rollins on his win