Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Elimination Chamber plans were so last minute that WWE had their usual two house shows scheduled for May 31st. After some online panicking about half the roster missing a PPV, WWE canceled the afternoon house show in South Carolina. In exchange, Greenville gets the 'go home' Raw before Survivor Series on November 16th.
- Some in attendance at Raw in Cincinnati on Monday claim that WWE reduced the sound for Daniel Bryan - specifically during his entrance. It was said to be "deafening" in the arena.
- Dixie Carter reportedly told TNA talent to ignore reports of disappointing ratings for Impact, because the versions that include DVR viewing are not available to the public and much better. No word on if she told them that advertising rates aren't set using the +3 and +7 day ratings she was bragging about.
- Paige and Miz should be back on television "soon". The film they're shooting, Santa's Little Helper, wraps the first week in June.
- Global Force Wrestling (GFW) will reward four titles at their first set of television tapings, expected to be World/Heavyweight, X Division/Cruiserweight, Tag Team and Women's champs.
- WWE officials are moving into phase II of Tough Enough casting, contacting people whose videos they liked via Skype for a face-to-face interview
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.