What you loved:
- Gimmick - Aside from Sasha Banks, his gimmick has the most depth in NXT. Most people would die a slow death trying to get this gimmick over, but not Tyler. He's gone over-the-top and fully committed to lookin' pretty.
- Selfie Stick - It's little things like this that keep a gimmick fresh. It fit his style perfectly, and can eventually double as a weapon.
- In-Ring - Great worker, Tyler rarely has a poor match. He's wonderful with the details, in particular, talking trash to the fans and his opponent.
- Itami Feud - A strange mix at first, but their social media battle helped get you guys on board. Plenty of great backstage segments and matches. It's too bad Itami is out for awhile, but if Tyler is still around when he returns, hopefully, they continue this feud.
- "Don't Touch Me!" - Don't do it, Uggos.
Best comment comes via OurLadyJustice:
"All I know is that the first time I ever heard his theme at a WWE house show I was attending, I actually turned to my friend in attendance with me and squealed in all seriousness: 'Oh, my god, IT’S TYLER!' If that’s not an effective response, I don’t know what is."
What you loathed:
- Call-Up - This was a concern last time around, and Breeze has yet to get the call. Some of you are concerned with his size, or how poorly Creative handles gimmicks with some comedic aspects, see; Bo Dallas, Santino, Fandango...Doink. Why did they turn Doink face?! An "evil clown" gimmick was perfect!
- Finisher - The spinning kick is a great signature move, but to end a match? It's still pretty weak looking.
- Moveset - Breeze also suffers from "Ziggleritis" - awesome worker, but ineffective offense.
- Uggos - Seriously, back off.
- Lost in NXT - There was a time when Breeze was the number two or three guy in NXT, then they came along. Owens, Itami, Balor all hit the scene and Breeze was moved to the back burner for a bit. Now, Neville is on the main roster, Itami is out for 6-8 months, and Sami could hit the bench, as well. Suddenly, Prince Pretty might find his way back to the main event scene.
Best comment comes via HacksawBuggin:
"I know they don’t want to spend a ton of money, but if he is a fashion maven he should have different gear once in a while. He could at least lose the octopus boots that fall apart during longer matches."
On to the poll! With 286 votes, Tyler Breeze's average score is 4.2, last year he received a 3.9
Thanks, Cagesiders! The next pick is already up, check it out!