Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The King of the Ring special was apparently part of a new plan from WWE to run more live specials during the SmackDown tapings on Tuesday nights, according to the Observer.
- While WWE apparently wants Lana to be the female face of the company, it's unclear if that means she will ever become a wrestler. Eva Marie, meanwhile, is also in line for a major push soon but she will be doing so as a wrestler.
- Expect Dolph Ziggler vs. Sheamus, Brass Ring Club vs. New Day, and Naomi vs. Nikki Bella to be added to Payback within the next week or so.
- It looks like the plan is for NXT to run house shows on the Saturday before WWE pay-per-views in the same city. This is because it worked so well in San Jose at WrestleMania. It's planned for Ohio in June with Money in the Bank.
- According to the Observer, Roderick Strong, Team 3-D, Shelton Benjamin, and Chris Masters are a few of the names Jeff Jarrett is in contact with about working for Global Force Wrestling.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.