Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Regarding AJ Lee retiring, according to the Observer the reasons for her leaving are pretty much exactly what you would think. When Dr. Chris Amann brought a lawsuit against her husband, CM Punk, it created an awful situation and it was clear something was going to give sooner or later. She apparently didn't give notice until just after WrestleMania 31. The wording WWE used when announcing her departure was apparently done to protect against her attempting to go anywhere else.
- The word going around on WWE being upset with Steve Austin is that Vince McMahon was unhappy with some of the questions Austin asked Triple H in their podcast.
- Here's a rumor that isn't surprising at all: According to MetsFan4Ever on Reddit, Vince McMahon was furious with Byron Saxton over his Raw commentary last week. Jerry Lawler was sent out to save the show and when Saxton didn't improve, Vince was so upset he wouldn't even speak to Saxton. So there you go.
- On a related note, apparently both Vince and Kevin Dunn are really high on Renee Young and while it may not happen soon, it's looking likely she'll end up on the Raw broadcast team.
- WWE is apparently interested in ACH and hoping to bring him in soon.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.