Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- In regards to the rumors of a rift between Steve Austin and WWE, apparently Vince McMahon was really angry about something to do with Austin's podcast, according to PW Insider. In addition, he was asked to host the new Tough Enough and turned it down.
- WWE may use the Elimination Chamber gimmick at the Battleground pay-per-view this year leading into SummerSlam.
- Some NXT talents are apparently somewhat let down by the fact that the live specials are staying quarterly, according to PW Insider.
- Minneapolis is still being talked about as the most likely spot for WWE to run WrestleMania 33 in 2017.
- According to the Observer, Rey Mysterio has yet to officially sign a deal with Lucha Underground but the two sides are apparently very close.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.